Super Easy Eco Friendly Valentine Decorations
Make a super easy, eco-friendly Valentine decorations to celebrate the holiday! As with a lot of the stuff we do around here, we used stuff that we were otherwise going to toss away. We came up with these Eco-friendly Valentine Streamers made with stuff from the recycling bin!
For your convenience, this post may contain a couple of affiliate links.
Rules of Crafting
It’s very important to establish the rules before you set out.
Sounds ominous, doesn’t it? But here’s the thing, there are a few rules, and once they are established and understood, everything will run smoothly.
- Have fun
- Be polite – to yourself and to everyone else
- Stay calm – unless what you’re doing is WAY TOO EXCITING… then, just be careful – flapping arms and bouncing knees spill paint!
- Do it your way – don’t let someone tell you what colours to use, or how all the parts go together. Pay attention to the example that may ( or may not) be set out before you, but remember, it is your creation!
There, now that that is out of the way, let’s make some Super Easy Valentine Decorations, and clean out that recycling bin at the same time.
Super Easy Valentine Decorations
And I am completely serious about the super easy part. When it comes to stringing them together, use a Plastic Darning Needle, and the toddlers can participate 100% as well. Of course, use your parental discretion.
- Wrapping Paper
- Darning Needle
- Thread or Yarn
- Heart Stencil (Heart Shaped Cookie Cutters)
- Gather up wrapping paper that was recycled from previous gifts, and end of the role stuff from Christmas, and birthdays etc. Pretty much if it has red or pink on it, or purple, or light blue.. or whatever suits your fancy!
- Next, use a heart shape stencil of some sort – and cut out multiple paper hearts. The more the better!
- Thread your darning needle with yarn, and start threading the paper hearts onto the yarn. Easy, right?