DIY Autumn Burlap Wreath
The ruffly ring ( or rings ) in the center is what makes this wreath unique, and 100% personalized. Use your favourite colours of yarn, or any other strips of fabric that are lacy, or fine. Enjoy!
-Sashay yarn (I used 1 roll, but if you want a fuller middle wreath, use 2)
-2 wire coat hangers
-Scissors and Wire Cutters
-4 small zip ties
- Unwind your coat hangers and bend into a circle. Make one slightly smaller than the other.
I did this by hand, but to make the rounding of the wire easier you can use a large pot to bend the wire around.
- This step depends on which kind of burlap you have, if you have a roll – you can skip this step.We used a burlap bag from my local hardware store. Cut the burlap into strips approx. 4″ wide.
- On the larger circle thread burlap onto coat hanger alternating each side of the burlap which It makes it bunch nicely. I used all 9 strips of burlap cut from my bag.
- Trim extra pieces of burlap that may be sticking out if necessary.
- Twist hanger back together leaving the hook.
- Using the smaller circle, thread the Sashay yarn onto the hanger. I used every few holes.
- Twist wire together to form a circle. Trim the long wire meds with wire cutters. Then pull the material to cover the entire circle. Tip: if you’d like a fuller circle, use another ball of wool. I used 1. You now have both portions done. I made the larger wreath burlap, you can do the opposite and it would look great too.
- Place the smaller circle inside the larger one. Expose the coat hangers and zip tie them together. I attached in 4 spots evenly around the wreath. Cut the long piece of zip tie and bunch materials up to hide it. Tip: don’t pull the zip ties too tight. You can deform your wreath. You just need enough to keep the circles together.
- Fluff and rearrange your materials to look even
Done! Now add any embellishments you’d like to personalize it with.