Make This Fun Summer Bug Craft
If you recall making Ladybugs in this easy paper plate craft, and Bumblebees in this easy egg carton craft , it will come as no surprise to you to see us cook up another easy bug craft – but this time, we did something quite brilliant. I took a basic kitchen utensil, and made this crazy awesome stencil for these super cute bug crafts.
You won’t believe it.
- Dragonfly Template (click to download and print)
- Watercolour paints
- Paint brushes, water, table cover, etc…
- Whole punch
- Brad fasteners
- This strips of construction paper – to curl for the antennae
- Print the template, and cut out (or dig out a wooden spoon, and trace it a couple times. One Time putting the spoon at both ends )
- Get your plain paper, and paint the entire thing, colouring all the white spots! Cover the entire paper with colour! Work as a team if need be 🙂
- Trace out our stencil shapes onto the watercoloured paper with a sharpie. This makes a nice heavy line for easy cutting. Cut out the body and wings.
- Arrange the wings over the body, and use a whole punch to put a whole where all of the pieces will fasten together, and fasten with a brad fastener.
- Curl the end of the paper strips with scissors – this also makes a super fun demonstration! And attach to the head of the dragonfly with a gluestick.