Egg Carton Super Bees!
Yep! We’ve been crafting with egg cartons again! Give this one a try! We had an official Bug Week out here at the farm, and we got up to some really great crafting. We made these adorable Egg Carton Ladybugs, Water Bottle Butterflies, and Watercolour Dragonflies ( those are my personal favourites)
Egg Carton Super Bees
This time we’re focusing on Bees. Without honeybees, many farmers and gardeners would not have a harvest. Bees are our major pollinators, which helps fruits and vegetables to form. Plus honey! A healthy beehive can produce 45 to 100 pounds of honey per year—often more than the bees need to survive. And who doesn’t like a little honey now and then?
- Egg Carton
- Paint ( we used tempra, in black and yellow)
- Googly Eyes
- Pipe Cleaners ( in neon, cut to about 3″ long)
- Mini Pom-poms (again in neon colours)
- Tissue Paper (cut in semi circles)
- Paint Brush
- Divide the egg carton into individual cups
- Paint the egg cups black, and let dry.
- Paint yellow stripes to resemble a bee
- Glue on googly eyes, or if you were clever enough to get the sticky back ones, peel and stick on some eyes!
- Poke two holes in the top of each egg cup
- Fold one end of a piece of pipe cleaner, and push through the wholes you just made, from the inside. The folded end will keep it from slipping through the egg cup.
- Glue a mini pom-pom onto the back of the bumble bee, for the stinger
Follow Evelyne @ Nemcsok Farms’s board Bug Friends on Pinterest.
If you enjoyed this post, you will love our book, Green, Crafty & Creative. Featuring 70 family and environmentally-friendly tips, crafts and activities from 10 different contributors, it is full of awesome inspiration for Earth Day fun. Green, Crafty & Creative is available for purchase in e-book, paperback and Kindle formats, starting for as low as $4.99.
Want to see more from Green, Crafty & Creative? Check out these posts also included from our fellow contributors!
Sorting Seashells – A Summer Math Activity | Playground Parkbench
Outdoor Nature Collage – Craftulate
Bubble Wrap Jellyfish – Crafty Kids at Home