After a flurry of strawberry activity – berry picking at a local nursery, strawberry lemonade, milkshake after smoothy after milkshake, jam and pies – we figured the next thing we should do, is to do some strawberry crafts.
Crafting Fosters Confidence
Crafting is good for the mind, body and soul. Crafting is creating, creating is wonderful. Giving people the opportunity to create things, leaves the doors and windows open for future great things. Before we go any further, I would like to take a minute to go over our crafting rules – sounds ominous, doesn’t it? But here’s the thing, there are a few rules, and once they are established and understood, everything will run smoothly.
- Have fun
- Be polite – to yourself and to everyone else
- Stay calm – unless what you’re doing is WAY TOO EXCITING… then, just be careful – flapping arms and bouncing knees spill paint!
- Do it your way – don’t let someone tell you what colours to use, or how all the parts go together. Pay attention to the example that may ( or may not) be set out before you, but remember, it is your creation!
Hand Print Strawberries
- red / pink paint
- green paint
- paint brush / sponge or something similar
- the usual clothing / furniture protection
- Cover the palm of hands with red or pink paint
- Place hands firmly on paper with thumbs touching and index fingers touching
- Add leaves with a paint brush or a finger!
And you should have seen the looks on their faces when I covered my own hands in paint! Totally worth it!