Ham and Potato Chowder – the perfect wintery soup, also equally awesome year round.
Ham and Potato Chowder
Another comfort dish – this chowder is quick and easy to prepare, and you can use leftovers you may have in your fridge ( baked potatoes, roasted ham, and corn for example).
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 medium to large potatoes
- 2 cups diced ham
- 2 cups corn
- 2 grated carrots
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- Peel and cube the potatoes and put in your soup pot
- Add broth and cook until the potatoes are just soft
- Add the corn and pepper and simmer for a few minutes
- Add the ham and carrots and return to a simmer for another few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour with 1 tbsp of the milk, to a paste. Add 2 tbsp of the hot broth to the paste, then add back to the broth.
- Add butter and milk to the broth, heat through and serve.
Love this recipe?