Deep Dish Baked Pumpkin
October 14, 2015 0 Comments
This baked pumpkin has been served and enjoyed in our home as a side dish, main dish, breakfast and dessert! It is THAT good.
For tips on growing your own pumpkins read my post here How to Grow Your Own Pumpkins and if you’d like to learn how to make your own pumpkin puree, which of course you may as well, read my instruction here DIY Pumpkin Puree
- 1/3 cup softened butter / margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed / pureed pumpkin ( butternut squash makes an excellent substitute)
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp. melted butter / margarine
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Lightly grease a deep baking / casserole dish
3. Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla
4. Stir in pureed pumpkin. The mixture will be very runny.
5. Pour into prepared baking dish, and bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
* Note that you can make ahead up to this point. Refrigerate baked pumpkin up until 1 hour before you’d like to serve it. Just add the topping and pop into warm oven for 20 minutes.
6. Mix together the remaining ingredients, and sprinkle over the top of the baked pumpkin. Cook 5 – 10 minutes longer.
Got more pumpkin? Try Mini Pumpkin Muffins, or this super duper yummy (and very rich) Pumpkin Fudge.
And I would be remiss if I did not include 40 Ways to Decorate, Craft, Cook and Play with Pumpkins, from our It’s Friday We’re In Love Series which you should totally be checking out!