Melt in your mouth Chocolate Meringue Hearts for your Sweetest Valentine
Perhaps the only thing sweeter than making yummy treats for your loved ones, is the love and happiness they exude when they realize that those delicious desserts are indeed, for them.
Chocolate Meringue Hearts
Your little Helpers can make these right along with you. From steering the piping bag, to sprinkling the sprinkles. A lot of kids love to help out in the kitchen, and this is easily a recipe you can make with them. These would be a perfect class treat, or a lovely addition to any tea party.
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. cocoa
- Heat oven to 275 F
- Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar in electric mixer until frothy
- Add in sugar, a bit at a time, while mixing on high
- Beat until stiff and glossy.
- Fold in cocoa
- Fill piping bag with batter
- Squeeze piping bag and create heart shapes on the parchment paper, being sure to fill in the shape, and not leaving any gaps
- Decorate with sprinkles
- Bake 33 - 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Fit the piping bag with a star tip for extra texture if you'd like
Try these Heart Streamers and these Gift Paper Valentine Flowers crafts for your little darling to make, and if knitting is your thing, or you’re looking to learn, try these Hand Knit Hearts. They make great coasters too! Get More Great Valentine’s Day Inspiration on our Celebrate Valentine’s Day pinterest board