These Rhubarb Mini Muffins are always great for snacks and lunches – plus – the cinnamon sugar topping make these mouth watering!
Rhubarb Mini Muffins
What I may not have mentioned yet, is that you can quite a lot of rhubarb from one plant, and with rhubarb a little goes a long way. You can freeze rhubarb to keep it for baking through the winter, and you can also can it it many ways; as a syrup, a jam, and a sauce.
These tasty sweet little muffins are a favourite here, and the the crumbly sugary top is tasty enough for a light dessert, and satisfying enough for a great snack. They are also wonderful with coffee at breakfast. And you’re wondering about that problem I mentioned earlier? Well, I eat them like potato chips.
- 2 Cups Flour
- 3/4 Cups Sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Chopped Rhubarb
- 3 tbsp. Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Line Mini Muffin Pan with paper cups
- Mix dry ingredients, set aside
- Mix in all remaining ingredients, save the rhubarb and topping
- Stir in the rhubarb
- Fill mini muffin cups and sprinkle topping generously on muffins
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until done
- Make cinnamon sugar by mixing 1/2 cup sugar with 2 tbsp. on ground cinnamon - too easy!
See our other great recipes for rhubarb, like this perfectly sweet and tart pie, and we pair it with strawberries again in our infamous jam.