This Cascading Cables Blanket Square is part of a Knit-A-Long with my friends Marie from Underground Crafter, Pia from Stitches ‘N’ Scraps, Joanita from Creative Crochet Workshop, and 9 other knitting designers.
Every Thursday from January through November, 2018, we’ll share a free 6” square pattern. Join them together to make your own Harmony Blanket!
Lion Brand has generously provided us with yarn for this Knit-A-Long, so all of the patterns will be made with Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, a medium (worsted, #4) weight 100% acrylic yarn.
Cascading Cables Blanket Square Knitting Pattern
Don’t be put off by the cables. Cables are really just a way or re-ordering the stitches, or knitting them out of order. You simply use a cable needle to hold the stitches you are moving out of order, until you are ready to knit them. Easy peasy really.
C4= Cable 4. This means the cable is going to be worked over 4 stitches. When you get to C4 in the pattern instructions, slip the next two stitches from the left hand needle onto the cable needle and hold behind your work. Knit the next two stitches, and THEN, knit the stitches that you had put on the cable needle. You can just knit them right off the cable needle. It’s kind of awkward at first, but you will get the hang of it!
- Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, a medium (worsted, #4) weight 100% acrylic yarn.
- 5mm Knitting Needles, or Size 8
- Cable needle
Cast on 24 stitches
Row 1: Knit to last st, p1.
Row 2: Sl 1, k to last st, p1.
Row 3 & 4: Rep Row 2 twice.
Row 5: Sl 1, k7, p2, k4, p2, k7, p1.
How To Join the Harmony Blanket Knit-A-Long
• Sign up for the Knit-A-Long weekly newsletter to get an email when a new pattern is released.
• You can join in by knitting the patterns as you have time.
• Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #KALCorner on all social media.
• If you’d like to chat with other knitters, join the KAL Corner Facebook group or visit this thread in the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.
• By the end of the KAL, you’ll have up to 48 beautiful squares. Learn new stitches while making a blanket and having fun with us!
As patterns are released, the Harmony Blanket KAL schedule will be updated with links to each pattern. You can find the schedule here on Underground Crafter.