This 3 Stitch Twist Blanket Square is part of a Knit-A-Long with my friends Marie from Underground Crafter, Pia from Stitches ‘N’ Scraps, Joanita from Creative Crochet Workshop, and 9 other knitting designers.
Every Thursday from January through November 2018, we’ll share a free 6” square pattern. Join them together to make your own Harmony Blanket!
Lion Brand has generously provided us with yarn for this Knit-A-Long, so all of the patterns will be made with Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, a medium (worsted, #4) weight 100% acrylic yarn.
3 STITCH TWIST BLANKET SQUARE KNITTING PATTERN
This is such a fun pattern, and you will get to see the pattern shape up right away. Twisted stitches are really just a way of knitting stitches out of order to give them a unique appearance. You don’t need a cable needle or anything else to complicate things. Easy and fun, just the way we like things.
3 St Twist= 3 Stitch Twist. This tells you when it is time to perform the twist and it is worked over three stitches. When you get to 3 St Twist in the pattern instructions, knit 3rd stitch on left-hand needle, then 2nd stitch on left-hand needle, and then the first stitch on the left-hand needle, and slip all three stitches off together.
- Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, a medium (worsted, #4) weight 100% acrylic yarn.
- 5mm Knitting Needles, or Size 8
- Cable needle
Cast on 26 stitches
Row 1: Knit to last st, p1.
Row 2: Sl 1, k to last st, p1.
Row 3 & 4: Rep Row 2 twice.
Row 5: Sl 1, k16, 3 st twist, k5, p1
Row 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24 & 26: border: Sl 1, k3, purl to last 4 stitches, k3, p1.
Row 7: Sl 1, k15, 3 st twist, k6, p1
Row 9: Sl 1, k14, 3 st twist, k7, p1
Row 11: Sl 1, k13, 3 st twist, k8, p1
Row 13: Sl 1, k12, 3 st twist, k9, p1
Row 15: Sl 1, k11, 3 st twist, k10, p1
Row 17: Sl 1, k10, 3 st twist, k11, p1
Row 19: Sl 1, k9, 3 st twist, k12, p1
Row 21: Sl 1, k8, 3 st twist, k13, p1
Row 23: Sl 1, k7, 3 st twist, k14, p1
Row 25: Sl 1, k6, 3 st twist, k15, p1
( your blanket square should measure 5.5″)
How To Join the Harmony Blanket Knit-A-Long
• Sign up for the Knit-A-Long weekly newsletter to get an email when a new pattern is released.
• You can join in by knitting the patterns as you have time.
• Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #KALCorner on all social media.
• If you’d like to chat with other knitters, join the KAL Corner Facebook group or visit this thread in the Underground Crafter Ravelry group.
• By the end of the KAL, you’ll have up to 48 beautiful squares. Learn new stitches while making a blanket and having fun with us!
As patterns are released, the Harmony Blanket KAL schedule will be updated with links to each pattern. You can find the schedule here on Underground Crafter.