The perfect summer craft! Easy, fun and messy, this one will also serve as a great keepsake, and one worth repeating year after year.
After a flurry of strawberry activity – berry picking at a local nursery, strawberry lemonade, milkshake after smoothy after milkshake, jam and pies – we figured the next thing we should do, is to do some strawberry crafts.
Crafting Fosters Confidence
Crafting is good for the mind, body and soul. Crafting is creating, creating is wonderful. Giving people the opportunity to create things, leaves the doors and windows open for future great things. Before we go any further, I would like to take a minute to go over our crafting rules – sounds ominous, doesn’t it? But here’s the thing, there are a few rules, and once they are established and understood, everything will run smoothly.
- Have fun
- Be polite – to yourself and to everyone else
- Stay calm – unless what you’re doing is WAY TOO EXCITING… then, just be careful – flapping arms and bouncing knees spill paint!
- Do it your way – don’t let someone tell you what colours to use, or how all the parts go together. Pay attention to the example that may ( or may not) be set out before you, but remember, it is your creation!
Hand Print Strawberries
- red / pink paint
- green paint
- paint brush / sponge or something similar
- the usual clothing / furniture protection
- Cover the palm of hands with red or pink paint
- Place hands firmly on paper with thumbs touching and index fingers touching
- Add leaves with a paint brush or a finger!
And you should have seen the looks on their faces when I covered my own hands in paint! Totally worth it!
If you thought this was fun, try our Paper Plate Ladybug, Egg Cartons Bees, and the lovely Watercolour Dragonflies to get started!
IF YOU LOVE THIS PROJECT, YOU’LL WANT TO GET A COPY OF
GREEN, CRAFTY & CREATIVE
If you enjoyed this post, you will love our book, Green, Crafty & Creative
. Featuring 70 family and environmentally-friendly tips, crafts and activities from 10 different contributors, it is full of awesome inspiration for Earth Day fun. Green, Crafty & Creative
is available for purchase in e-book
formats, starting for as low as $4.99.