This is soooo good! I can’t believe there’s carrots in it!
Harvest fresh carrots from your garden to make this carrot cake that is a perfect cool weather dessert.
(This post contains and affiliate link or two for your convenience)
Carroty Carrot Cake
Use fresh carrots from your garden if you’ve grown them, if not store bought is totally fine! No nuts, no pineapple, just carrots. That’s all a carrot cake really needs after all. Well, that and heaps of cream cheese frosting. I mean, right?
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Apple Sauce
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 14 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 3 Cups Shredded Carrots
1. Prepare two 8″ round cake pans by greasing lightly, and sprinkling with flour
2. Preheat oven to 350 F
3. Mix sugar, applesauce and eggs in LARGE mixing bowl.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the applesauce mix – EXCEPT for the carrots and the Cream Cheese Frosting. Mix well
5. Stir the grated / shredded carrots into the batter.
6. Use a scoop to evenly spread the batter between the two cake pans. Lightly tap the bottoms of the pans to remove bubbles.
7. Bake for approx. 35 minutes until cake is ready, and cool on wire racks.
8. When cakes are cool, place bottom layer on plate, scoop cream cheese icing onto first layer and spread around. Place top layer, and continue to frost the entire cake. Refrigerate
Love this recipe? You’ll absolutely love our Great Food Ideas Pin Board