Homemade mini peanut butter cups with chocolate. I mean really – do I need to say anything else?
Peanut Butter Cups
When I was a kid, I kid you not, those sweet chocolaty peanut butter cups from Reese were the cat’s pajamas. I would’ve traded nearly anything to get my tiny little hands on a package of them. Tell me you didn’t feel the same way. Tell me you didn’t also dream, no fantasize, about there being one extra peanut butter cup in that orange package. Was it really just me? I was such a glutton. Perhaps I still am….
I fall victim to the peanut butter and chocolate combination every. Single. Time. My willpower is pretty much non existent for any yummy treat, and these Mini Peanut Butter Cups are no exception. They are perfect.
Mini Peanut Butter Cups
These Mini Peanut Butter Cups are perfect. The perfect mix of chocolate and peanut butter, in mini cup size. Think of it as portion control
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Cups Cornflakes cereal - crushed to approx. 1/2 cup
- 1 Cup Icing Sugar
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
- Mini Muffin Tins, or candy molds
- Combine the melted butter and 3/4 cup peanut butter.
- Add the crushed cereal and icing sugar, and mix well.
- Press about 1 tsp. of the peanut butter mixture into each cup of the muffin tin
- Melt chocolate chips with remaining peanut butter, and spoon over the peanut butter cups in the muffin tins.
- Refrigerate about 2 hrs.
- Make these yummy morsels early in the day - so that they are ready in time for after school snacking!
Nemcsok Farms http://nemcsokfarms.com/
If you are concerned about a peanut allergy, why not try substituting the peanut butter for almond butter?